Faculty Services Librarian
Globalex (http://www.nyulawglobal.org/Globalex/#) -- has numerous research guides on international law topics.
ASIL Guide from the American Society of International Law (ASIL) (http://www.asil.org/) - Their e-RG (Electronic Resource Guide) is a narrative format guide to various topics in international law with links to primary and secondary sources available online. http://www.asil.org/resources/electronic-resource-guide-erg
Max Planck Encyclopedia of International Law (MPEPIL) (http://opil.ouplaw.com/home/EPIL) -- Included articles on international law topics by leading international law scholars-1991-current.
Parry & Grant Encyclopaedic Dictionary of International Law, 3rd (http://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780195389777.001.0001/acref-9780195389777) -- Not just definitions,but encyclopedic treatment.
Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (IFLP) (http://heinonline.org/HOL/Index?collection=iflp&set_as_cursor=clear) -- Contains selected articles on international law from many jurisdictions. Searchable by subject and journal title. Not just an index but has links to full-text if the title is included in Hein's collection.
Oxford International Journals (http://www.oxfordjournals.org/subject/law/) -- We subscribe to ~25 of the listed journals, both current and archival content.
Worldlii (World Legal Information Institute (http://www.worldlii.org ) -- a free site containing not only foreign law from many jurisdictions, but now an International Law Library with an International Courts and Tribunals database and an International Treaties Collection. Included here are decisions (ICC and ICJ), treaties, including UN (LNTS and UNTS to current). Also has links to other LIIs containing international law.
EISIL (http://www.eisil.org/) -- Contains links to primary documents, organized by international law subject. From ASIL.
UN (http://www.un.org/) -- Main page has links to UN bodies and documents. There's also an International Law tab on the main page. Gives main UN bodies and links to primary documents.
- Treaties(http://Treaties.un.org) -- Has the treaties database as well as depositary notifications.
- Judicial body-International court of Justice (ICJ) (http://www.icj-cij.org/homepage/index.php?PHPSESSID=0111af03d94a47b2a7a675f88562ef9f)
- UNBISNET-(http://unbisnet.un.org/) -- Collection of UN documents searchable by doc number, UN agency/committee, etc. It represent the holdings of the UN office in Geneva and the UN Dag Hammerskjold Library in NY.
- Official Documents System (ODS) (http://documents.un.org/) -- Contains full text of UN documents since 1993; resolutions of major UN bodies since 1946. Does not contain treaty text.
EU-Europa (http://europa.eu/) -- t he official gateway to all things EU. Links to legislation, treaties and other official documents.
- Treaties/Legislation: Eur-Lex-Access to European Law (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/) -- This site has all of the primary law-treaties-underlying EU institutions. Has full text of the Official Journal.
- Judicial body: European Court of Justice (http://europa.eu/institutions/inst/justice/index_en.htm)
- Dockets: Bloomberg Law has docket filings for international jurisdictions, including the EU. Click the Litigation & Dockets tab, then Search Dockets. Next to Courts, click International, then choose your court and enter either party name, case number, or keywords. T
Council of Europe (COE) (http://www.coe.int/)
- Treaties (http://conventions.coe.int/)
- Judicial body: European Court of Human Rights (ECHR)-http://www.echr.coe.int/echr/Homepage_EN
- Hudoc Database of case law (http://www.echr.coe.int/ECHR/EN/Header/Case-Law/HUDOC/HUDOC+database/)
Hein Online Treaties (http://www.heinonline.org/HOL/Index?collection=ustreaties) -- several collections of US treaties, official and unofficial. Hein now includes International Legal Materials (ILM), the ASIL collection of selected treaties. New in 2014, World Treaty Library ( http://www.heinonline.org/HOL/Index?collection=weaties&set_as_cursor=clear) with non-US treaty collections.
Westlaw and Lexis --
- Westlaw has various databases on international law, regional and multi-jurisdictional collections.
- Lexis has an international law section containing links to cases treaties, etc.
- International Criminal Court (ICC)(http://www.icc-cpi.int/EN_Menus/icc/Pages/default.aspx0
- World Trade Association (WTO) (http://www.wto.org/)
- UNCITRAL (http://www.uncitral.org/)
Case law-CLOUT (http://www.uncitral.org/uncitral/en/case_law.html)
- UNCTAD (http://unctad.org/en/Pages/Home.aspx)
- UNILEX -(http://www.unilex.info/dynasite.cfm?dssid=2375&dsmid=14276)-this site contains case law and bibliographies for both UNCITRAL and CISG.
Other Case-Law Collections
Oxford Reports on International Law (ORIL) (http://opil.ouplaw.com/home/ORIL) -- Analyzes case law from foreign courts. Includes two sub-databases: International Courts of General Jursidiction and International Law in Domestic Courts.
Travaux Preparatoires- working drafts prior to final treaty used sometimes for treaty interpretation. Similar to legislative history of a statute. See A' la Recherche des Travaux Preparatoires...(http://www.nyulawglobal.org/globalex/Travaux_Preparatoires1.htm). http://hr-travaux.law.virginia.edu/
CALI (http://www.cali.org/category/2l-3l-upper-level-lesson-topics/international-law) -- Lessons on researching International Law subjects.
Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations (http://www.legalabbrevs.cardiff.ac.uk/)
Page Updated: 8 April 2016