2010, M.L.I.S., The University of Arizona, School of Information Resources & Library Science
2009, J.D., The University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
2005, B.A., The University of Arizona, Communications, summa cum laude
Cynthia Condit joined the Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library at the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law in July 2014. In addition to providing reference and other public services, she is responsible for supervising the Law Library Fellows, providing 1L legal research instruction, managing the Arizona collection, developing a LibGuides collection, and serving as co-advisor to SALDF, the law student Animal Legal Defense Fund group. She also manages the Law Library's Circulation Department. She co-developed and co-taught a fully online legal analysis, research and writing course for undergraduate, MLS, and international students, and developed and co-teaches a legal technology course for upper level law students. She is active in the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), most recently serving as Chair of the Research Instruction and Patron Services (RIPS) Special Interest Section's Legal Research Teach-In Kit and as President of the Animal Law Caucus. She also serves as webmaster for AALL's Animal Law Caucus and for the Arizona state chapter AzALL.
Prior to returning to Arizona she was Reference and Faculty Services Librarian and Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Montana Alexander Blewett III School of Law’s William J. Jameson Law Library in Missoula, Montana where she oversaw the faculty services program, taught Advanced Legal Research, managed and edited the law library blog, and served as administrator of the law school digital repository. While earning her M.L.I.S., Cynthia was a Law Library Fellow at the Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library. She obtained her J.D. from James E. Rogers College of Law and her B.A. in Communications from the University of Arizona.
- Cynthia Condit, Montana Legal Research CALI Lesson (April 2019).
- Cynthia Condit, PACER Faces Spate of Litigation, 39 The Criv Sheet, No. 3 (May 2017).
- Cynthia Condit, State Documents Bibliography: Montana, Occasional Papers No. 3-103, Amer. Assoc. Law Libraries, Government Documents Special Interest Section (2016).
- Michael Chiorazzi & Cynthia Condit, Legal Research Boot Camp: One Approach to Meeting the Research Needs of Law Students, 30 Leg. Ref. Servs. Q. 299 (2011).
CRIV Blog Posts
RIPS Law Librarian Blog Posts
Jameson Law Library Blog Posts
- Presentation, Adventures in Overseas-Online-Undergraduate Land: Lessons Learned from Developing and Implementing an Online Course for Diverse Audiences...and Collaborating at the Same Time!, LWI One-Day Workshop, Innovating Upstream: Meeting New Teaching Demands in an Increasingly Global and Technological Legal Word, with Susie Salmon, Tucson AZ (2017).
- Presentation, Increasing Value: Reaching Out to Your Law School, panel, SWALL-SEALL Joint Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX (2016).
- CLE, Crash Course: Automobile Case Legal Research, with Susan Lupton, Missoula, MT (2014).
- CLE, Finding It Fast and Free on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web, Billings, MT (2013).
- Presentation, Criminal Adjudication: Legal Research, Univ. Montana (2012, 2013).
- Presentation, How to Format an Appellate Brief, Univ. Montana School of Law (2011, 2012, 2013).
- Presentation, Renewable Energy Law Research, Univ. Montana School of Law (2013).