There are many research databases available when visiting the law library including:
- HeinOnline (journals and government document collections)
- BNA Titles (including US Law Week and subject-specific titles)
- CCH Intelliconnect (including tax and securities collections)
- Investment Arbitration Reporter
- Jurisnotes (copyright, patent and trademark case summaries)
- Proquest Congressional and Proquest Legislative Insight (current and historic bills and legislative histories)
- Many journal collections for literature searches and more
Access to these databases is available through the public library computers in the main floor reference area.
Alumni residing in Arizona and members of the local bar may apply for a Law Library Community User Card to check out materials. The following criteria apply to borrowers:
- Law Library Community User Cards are limited to alumni residing in Arizona or current members of the local bar. There is an annual fee of $100.
- Bar members who already have a UA Main Library Community User Card need to fill out the Law Library's application form and show current bar ID at the Law Library circulation desk. We will update your existing record to incorporate your bar membership information.
- Circulation privileges are extended to the individual attorney only, not to organizations nor individuals appearing on behalf of the attorney.
- The Community User card does not allow remote access to databases nor does it confer interlibrary loan privileges.
- Check out is limited to regularly-circulating materials only. To see if an item circulates, please refer to the online catalog. Items marked Library Use Only do not circulate. Circulating materials will show In Library, or, if already checked out, will display a due date.
- Loan period is 21 days with three automatic renwals.
- Replacement fees are automatically assessed when a second overdue notice is generated (two weeks after due date). When the item is returned the replacement fees are removed. These fees, if not paid, remain on the patron record and could prevent further checkout.
- Overdue materials may only be renewed by calling the Law Library circulation desk at 626-8023.
- Applications are available at the Law Library circulation desk.
- Questions? Call the law library circulation desk at 626-8023, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Computers & Printing
The library has a number of public computers available for legal research purposes. Printing, copying, and scanning are also available in the library. Please see here for more information.